In order to install US apps on your PS3 you will need an American PS3 account. The process is very simple:
- Go to http://us.playstation.com/psn/
- Click Join PSN in the top right corner
- Fill out the info and selected United States and California
- On the next step fill out any address. Keep California as state and input 90210 in zip code
- Skip billing for now
- Choose an online id
- Lastly select the notification settings you would like and finish signup
Now log in with your new PSN account in the store on your PS3 and you will have access to the US apps on your PlayStation 3.
First step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your account status in your account home
. You should always see 3 green check marks if the device you are using to visit the account home is set up correctly.