If you are using Windows Phone 8.1 and above then you should have the option to edit the DNS servers used by the phone. We have put should in italics as this feature is still broken on lots and lots of Windows phones. Never the less here goes:
- Go to settings
- Choose Wifi
- Press and hold the Wifi you are connected to
- Select Edit from the pop up
- If the fields are greyed out then you have the bug as many other Windows Phone users and you won't be able to edit the DNS. Instead setup your router.
- If you can enter values in the fields then set DNS to 22.214.171.124 and press done.
- You might need to restart the phone.
ImportantFirst step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your account status in your account home. You should always see 3 green check marks if the device you are using to visit the account home is set up correctly.
If you are getting a proxy/unblocker warning then make sure to read this article.