Before you do anything please make sure that you can actually use the apps you want with your Wii. You do this by changing your location to United States, Canada or any other region where the app you want is available. If you already have the app on your Wii then go ahead with the setup guide.
- Open Wii Options
- Select Wii Settings
- Go to the right and select Internet
- Choose Connection Settings
- Open the active connection
- Choose Change Settings
- Go to the right and find Auto Obtain DNS – select NO
- Open Advanced Settings
- Under DNS enter Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52 and Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
- Press Confirm
- Press Save
- Press OK
- Wait for the test to complete
- Restart Wii
It your Wii Already Registered with an app?
If your Wii has been registered in a different region than the one you plan to use with Unlocator you need to clear out your settings.
- Choose Wii Options
- Choose Data Management
- Choose Save Data
- Choose Wii
- Find the Channel – select it and choose Erase
- Confirm with Yes
- Make sure that no other data is saved by swiping left and right. If you find any then please perform the above steps again.
- If you have setup your Wii to use Unlocator, then go ahead and start up the channel again. You will be greeted by the setup screen again. Follow the setup and activate your Wii with the channel.
First step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your account status in your account home
. You should always see 3 green check marks if the device you are using to visit the account home is set up correctly.