- Open the Control Panel by clicking on the Start button
- Then click on Network and Internet
- Click on Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Change adapter settings
- Depending on how your computer is connected to the Internet click either Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection if you are connected via Wi-Fi
- Click on Properties
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Check Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- In the General tab click on Use the following DNS server addresses and enter the DNS servers in the spaces provided: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- Click ok
- Restart your computer
ImportantFirst step of troubleshooting should always be to restart device(s) and router. Then check your account status in your account home. You should always see 3 green check marks if the device you are using to visit the account home is set up correctly.
If you are getting a proxy/unblocker warning then make sure to read this article.