How To Set Up Unlocator VPN "IPsec" Manually on Mac OS X
First, find your Unlocator VPN account credentials
In order to set up a manual VPN connection, you need to use a server address, and your username and password found in your Unlocator account under the VPN tab.
You can locate this page by following these steps:
- Go to My Account
- Locate the VPN tab in the bottom-left corner of the page
To view your Email and Password: Choose
VPN Account Info
To view the server addresses: Choose
- Click on the Apple Menu in the upper left corner and select System Preferences.
- Choose Network.
- Click on + to add a new connection.
- Enter the following details:
- Interface: Select VPN.
- VPN Type: Select Cisco IPSec.
- Service Name: Enter UnlocatorVPN, or any name of your choosing.
- Click Create.
- Now enter the Server Address, Account Name, and Password as follows:
- Server Address: enter the hostname of the Unlocator server you wish to connect to, Server hostname list can be found here: servers list
- Account Name: enter your Unlocator account username. See step 1
- Password: enter your UnlocatorVPN password. See step 1
- Click on Authentication Settings, and input unlocator for Shared Secret, then click OK.
- Click Apply, then Connect.
Now you are
You might want to keep these pages open so you could easily copy the info to be used in step 6 and 7.