How to Set Up Unlocator VPN "PPTP" Manually on Ubuntu Linux
- Find your Unlocator VPN account information
- In order to set up a PPTP connection, you need to use a server Hostname, your username and password found in your Unlocator account under the VPN tab.
You can locate these pages by following these steps:
- Go to "My Account"
- Locate the "VPN" tab in the bottom-left corner of the page
- To view your Email and Password: Choose "VPN Account Info". visit this page
- Choose the server that you want to use, you will need the Hostname later on. visit this page
- You might want to keep these pages open so you could easily copy the info to be used in step 7.
- Click on the Network Manager icon in the menu bar. The icon may be in the shape of two arrows, a WiFi signal, or two computer screens.
- Click Edit Connections.
- Click the Add button.
- Select Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Create button.
Select a Connection Name, enter your Unlocator VPN
Hostname next to Gateway, your Unlocator VPN
VPN Pass (from
Click on the (?) in the password field and select Store the password only for this user, in order to type in your password and avoid being prompted for the password each time you connect.
- Click on Advanced and check Use Point-to-Point encryption (MPPE) and Allow stateful encryption, then click OK.
- Click Save, and then Close on the next screen.
- Click on the Network Manager icon again, and then click on your newly created connection under VPN Connections sub-menu.
- You will then be connected and will get a successfully established connection notification.
- Navigate to http://whatismyip.network to confirm that your IP and location have been updated.