How to Set Up Unlocator VPN "L2TP" Manually on Windows 7
First, find your Unlocator VPN account credentials
In order to set up a manual VPN connection, you need to use a server address, and your username and password found in your Unlocator account under the VPN tab.
You can locate this page by following these steps:
- Go to My Account
- Locate the VPN tab in the bottom-left corner of the page
To view your Email and Password: Choose
VPN Account Info
To view the server addresses: Choose
Click on the
Lan/Wifi icon in the bottom-right of the screen.
Then, from the pop-up menu, click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Set up a new connection or network to set up your VPN connection.
- In the Set up a new connection or network menu, choose Connect to a workplace and click Next:
- In the Connect to a workplace menu, click on Use my Internet connection.
Connect to a Workplace menu, please do the following:
- Internet address: Choose a server from our Server List See step 1
- Destination name: Enter a name for your VPN connection
- Check Allow other people to use this connection and Don't connect now, just set it up so I can connect later
- Then click Next and do the following:
- Then click Close.
- In the Network and Sharing Center menu, click on Change adapter settings.
- In the Network Connections, right-click on your VPN connection and choose Properties.
Properties menu, navigate to
Security and do the following:
- Choose Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IP Sec) under Type of VPN
- Require encryption (disconnect if server declines) under Data encryption
- Check Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
- Check Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)
Under Allow these protocols (check if not checked):
- Click on Advanced settings.
- Use unlocator for the preshared key field.
- In the Properties menu, navigate to Networking and do the following:
- Check Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Check Client for Microsoft Networks.
- Make sure all the rest are unchecked.
- Then click OK.
Network Connections, right-click on your VPN connection and choose
Then a connection menu will pop up, use the following details:
- User name: Email is shown in your VPN account info. See step 1
- Password: The password is shown in your VPN account info. See step 1
- Click Connect
You are connected now.
- You can disconnect your VPN either by going to the Adapter Settings or simply by clicking on the Lan/Wifi icon in the bottom-right of the screen and choose Disconnect.
You might want to keep these pages open so you could easily copy the info to be used in step 6 and 7.