How to Set Up Unlocator VPN "PPTP" Manually on Arris Router
First, find your Unlocator VPN account credentials
In order to set up a manual VPN connection, you need to use a server address, and your username and password found in your Unlocator account under the VPN tab.
You can locate this page by following these steps:
- Go to My Account
- Locate the VPN tab in the bottom-left corner of the page
To view your Email and Password: Choose
VPN Account Info
To view the server addresses: Choose
- Launch your web browser.
- Input your router's local IP address in the address bar. (It is usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1)
- Input your router's login credentials when prompted.
- Click on WAN, in your left-side menu.
- Set Connection Type to PPTP.
- Check Enable PPTP.
- Input your UnlocatorVPN Username (email used to create your Unlocator account). See step 1
- For Server Address, input the hostname or IP address of the Unlocator server you wish to connect to. See step 1
- Leave IP Address blank.
- Leave Subnet Mask blank.
- Enable the Idle Timeout option.
- Set Idle Timeout to 300.
- Enable Keep-alive.
- Set Keep-Alive to 30.