How to Set Up Unlocator VPN "PPTP" Manually on Asus Router
First, find your Unlocator VPN account credentials
In order to set up a manual VPN connection, you need to use a server address, and your username and password found in your Unlocator account under the VPN tab.
You can locate this page by following these steps:
- Go to My Account
- Locate the VPN tab in the bottom-left corner of the page
To view your Email and Password: Choose
VPN Account Info
To view the server addresses: Choose
- Type http://192.168.1.1/ in your browser, then use your router's login credentials (username, and password) to access your Asus control panel.
- Go to the VPN tab in your left menu, then click on VPN Client in the top menu.
- Click on Add a Profile to create a new profile.
- For the setting fields, please use the following:
-Description: UnlocatorVPN PPTP (or any other name of your choosing). -Username: your UnlocatorVPN username (email used to create your Unlocator account).
-Password: your UnlocatorVPN password. See step 1
-Auto-reconnection (if available): Yes.
-PPTP Options: MPPE 128.
-VPN Server: input the hostname of the server you are trying to connect to. See step 1
- Click Ok or Save.
- Click on Activate, your router will now start the VPN connection.
You might want to keep these pages open so you could easily copy the info to be used in step 5.