How to Set Up Unlocator VPN "IKEv2" Manually on Mac OS X
To manually set up IKEv2 protocol directly to your Mac system, follow our step by step detailed guide below:
First, find your UnlocatorVPN account credentials
In order to set up a manual VPN connection, you need to use a server address, and your username and password found in your Unlocator account under the VPN tab.
You can locate this page by following these steps:
- Go to My Account
- Locate the VPN tab in the bottom-left corner of the page
- To view your Email and Password: Choose V PN Account Info
- To view the server addresses: Choose Server list
- Select "System Preferences".
- Choose "Network".
- Click on "+" to add a new connection.
- For the "Interface", select "VPN".
- For the "VPN type", select "IKEv2".
For "Service Name", enter "UnlocatorVPN - IKEv2", or any name of your choosing.
- Click "Create".
- For "Server Address", enter the hostname of the Unlocator server you wish to connect to, Server hostname list can be found here: servers list
For "Remote ID", enter the same hostname used in step 9, and keep "Local ID" empty.
- Click "Authentication Settings".
- For "Username", enter your Unlocator username (email address).
For "Password", enter the VPN Password provided in your Unlocator account.
- Click "Network".
Select your UnlocatorVPN - IKEv2 connection.
- Click "Connect".
You might want to keep these pages open so you could easily copy the info to be used in step 6 and 7.