How to Set Up Unlocator Smart VPN on Android
This will only work on Android 2.3 and above. Also please note that every version on Android differs from device to device so the steps might not be 100% accurate for your device.
Please note that you will not get a new IP from using Smart VPN. Alternatively use our VPN apps instead. These will not only hide your IP and add encryption but also allow you to unblock all the channels supported by Smart DNS automatically.
- Log in to your Unlocator account using a browser and go to the Smart VPN tab
- Here you will find your username and password for Smart VPN. Keep in mind that the password is different from your regular password used to log in to Unlocator.
- Open your Android smartphone Settings and navigate to Connections
- Select More connection settings
- Select VPN
- Click on the three dots on the upper right and select Add VPN Network
Set the following settings:
Name: Unlocator Smart VPN
Server Address: vpn.unlocator.com
PPP encryption: Enable
Select Advanced Option. Don’t put anything in DNS.
Forwarding Rules: 10.11.12.0/24
- Press Save
- Press Unlocator Smart VPN connection to connect
- Once connected log in to your Unlocator account and verify that you have 3 green checkmarks.