How to Set Up Unlocator Smart VPN on OS X
Please note that you will not get a new IP from using Smart VPN. Alternatively use our VPN apps instead. These will not only hide your IP and add encryption but also allow you to unblock all the channels supported by Smart DNS automatically.
Please scroll down and use L2TP instructions if PPTP is not available on your device
L2TP setup instruction
Log in to your Unlocator account and go to the Smart VPN tab
PPTP setup instructions
- Log in to your Unlocator account and go to the Smart VPN tab
- Here you will find your username and password for Smart VPN. Please note the password is different from your regular password used to log in to Unlocator.
- Click the Apple Icon top left on your screen and Open System Preferences
Click the plus sign on the left hand side
- Enter a name for the connection such as Unlocator Smart VPN
- Click Create
- Enter vpn.unlocator.com in Server address
- Enter your email in Account Name
- Make sure encryption is set to automatic
Authentication settings and enter your password (not your regular password but Smart VPN password from your account). Click Ok.
- Click advanced
Send all traffic over VPN connection is
- Click TCP/IP and make sure Configure IPv4 is set to PPP and Configure IPv6 is set to automatic.
Click DNS and make sure there are no IP addresses. You might see a greyed out address, which is ok. Also make sure search domain is empty.
Proxies and make sure no proxy has been selected
- Click Ok
- Click Apply
You can now click connect. If you have enabled Show VPN Status in Menu bar then you can also connect by clicking the VPN icon in the menu bar.
- Log in to your Unlocator account and verify that you have 3 green check marks.