Why Can’t I Add my IP to my Account?
Another user is already using this IP (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).
If you have gotten the above message visiting the account home then please do continue reading so we can explain why this is happening.
Our service ties each user account to an IP address. That way our DNS servers know if a user has a valid subscription and what region the user has asked for in the account home. If we were to allow two users to use the same IP at once then how would we know what region to serve to the IP? One user might have selected the Swedish region and another the US region. This is the reason that you will not be able to add your current IP to your account of another user has already done so.
How Could This Have Happened?
There are several reasons as to why this has happened:
- You are using a shared Internet connection. Work, School, Dorm, Building Network etc.
- Your ISP is changing your IP from time to time, and a previous user with your IP has already added it to his or her account.
- During the beginning of the BETA our system did not check for duplicate IPs.
So now what?
- Restart your router/modem and see if you get a new IP address.
- Call you ISP (Internet Service Provider) and ask for a new IP address.
You will be able to use Unlocator from the IP. However, you are at the mercy of the other user account using the IP. This means that you will get the region he or she has selected. The user also has to have an active account. If the user has occupied an IP with an expired account then you will not be able to use the service. However, we do release the IP if the user account connected to the IP has been expired for 14 days.
You can still use your account from a different IP if this IP has not already been added by a user.